Welcome to our vision!
The World Music Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to a simple mission: opening minds through Music. We believe, and research shows, that experiencing music of other cultures increases tolerance and cultural empathy in people, and everything that we do is based on effecting this social change. Racism continues to be one of the world’s greatest problems and Music is a proven armament in this fight.
We provide distinctive, global, musical performance and education to urban and rural youth across 9 countries through collaboration with master artists who instruct and inspire students through authentic interactions and presentations of music from cultures outside of their own. Targeted are students with minimal opportunity for exposure to live performance, diversity and education from world artists.
MAKING A DIFFERENCE
Hundreds of schools averaging over 85% free and reduced lunch have been able to participate in our cultural programs and studies show that this demographic exhibits the highest increase in ethnocultural empathy once given the opportunity for cross-cultural interaction.
Learn more about our service
Music of Other Cultures?
- Reduces intolerance, conflicts & discrimination
- Increases understanding, respect & tolerance
- “Expose children to other cultures through music” is ranked the #1 factor in developing a global mindset in children
- Increases international and intercultural awareness
- Teaches music students new approach to familiar concepts
- Strengthens fundamentals of rhythm and melody
- Raises level of engagement in the arts
- Expands educational memory & critical thinking
LET’S KEEP IN TOUCH
We are always striving in our mission, so subscribe for updates and see what we’re up to around the world and in your area! Never miss a concert or workshop near you!
It is with great honor that we announce our affiliation with world renown tabla and sitar master Pandit Sandip Burman.
Some of our beloved Sponsors
A growing number of individual donors, foundations, and corporations, make our work possible. We are so grateful for their partnership and support. The following are just some of our supporters